Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Where to apply QoS and why?

I have a router with the following configuration

DMVPN Tunnel for backup path to voice server to Data Center A

P2P GRE Tunnel for Business Applications to Data Center B

The router has G0/0 connected to LAN and G0/1 connected to any flavor ISP circuit (DSL, Cable, etc etc)

My issue is I am not very clear where to apply my QoS to on this setup.  The one requirement we have by our data center folks in Data Center B is that we apply a shaping policy to the P2P GRE tunnel at their purchased rate in steps of 1.544Mbps.  So an example would be this customer purchased speed to the data center of 1.544Mbps, so a shaping policy is applied to the GRE Tunnel to restrict this.  

So Business traffic on GRE, Backup Voice Traffic on DMVPN, and General Internet browsing on G0/1.  I need to provide adequate QoS settings to match the requirement of Data Center B and also protect Voice traffic from getting squeezed out by Internet traffic.  

Based on this information where is the best place to apply QoS?  

The only thing I can come up with is, shape the upload bandwidth of the ISP service and build a policy within that shaper?  But how can I also keep the Data Center requirement of keeping GRE traffic at its allocated amount?  

Thoughts?

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies