cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which BGP Routers to use

andrewpaulsen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently tasked at my job to help rebuild and increase the strength of our core. i work for an ISP and we are upgrading from 1GB backhaul to 10gig and we need to upgrade everything from bgp routers to Fiber switches as we want to run Fiber to all of our key locations. What would be the best BGP routers to look at? the Switches ive been looking at are Cisco 3850 with the 10GIG fiber module.

4 Replies 4

thanks for the information i have looked at these but unfortunately the budget i have puts these outside of my reach i have been looking at the smaller brother to these in a sense which are the ASR1000 series. specifically the 1004 unit

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Andrew.

ASR 9000 may save you cost in a long term basis, as far as scaling your network. It is good to consider your future upgrade roadmap upon getting a new router. Are you with a Cisco partner/reseller company, by the way?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

andrewpaulsen May I know what happenned with this requirement? If you need more assistance please email me at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Thanks!

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card