cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which product can control speed internet with client?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I would like to ask all of you some question about hardware control speed internet with client access internet?

i mean that i have internet with 2M speed so i want  allow User A speed 1 M (Manager), speed 256k for User B and normal staff use 128K.

how can i control on this issue? and which hardware that we can control?

Best Regards,

Rechard

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This can be done using different types of hardwares

However if you are using cisco router on the Internet edge and you know the source IP such as the manager PC ip then you can you MQC policies with policing

Other option proxy server can do it but require re design to your Internet access

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Rechard,

You can achieve the aspect by just having Cisco router and define policy maps.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

You can achieve that on most Cisco routers and many Cisco L3 switches, fairly easily for outbound traffic.  Inbound traffic, although you can also fairly easily control the amount of traffic that reaches your users, controlling ther actual inbound bandwidth utilization isn't so easy.

sleepyshark
Level 1
Level 1

Bandwidth management may be tricky in your situation. Specifically since you don't have a lot of bandwidth to spare. 

Depending on your budget, take a visit to Riverbed - their appliances are really amazing and can do everything you want.

You'll need to create bandwidth pools and assign users to a pool, assuming there's more than one manager and more than one user, etc, all managers in the manager pool would share 1mb of bandwdith, all users in the user pool would share 256k of bandwidth, etc.  Now the problem with this is simple: 256k doesn't divide well between more than a few people before it's virtually unusable, deploying a caching proxy/bandwidth management appliance along side of your bandwidth pools would make the most effective use of what you have available (but it's not cheap)

Sean

http://www.sleepyshark.com/about/sean-brown-professional-biography/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card