cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which QoS method and commands do I require?

jwbensley
Level 1
Level 1

I wish to apply QoS to a router with a DSL line. One the LAN side, there is data being uploaded almost all the time, but it's not very important, and it's saturaing the DSL line (all of it's mighty 800Kbps upload).

I wish to make this data stream of a lower priority than all other traffic going out of the router, so that should a user upload a file for example, it is prioritised above this data stream. I don't want to police this traffic and drop it, I want to use shaping (I believe) and queue it when other traffic is using the DSL upload bandwidth.

I have an access-list that matches the destination IPs of the constant data stream. I have a class map which matches this access list. Now, in my policy map I am confused how I can queue this traffic when other traffic is uploading?

2 Replies 2

jwbensley
Level 1
Level 1

Forgot to mention; It's an 1841 with c1841-advipservicesk9-mz.124-25e.bin

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

See if your egress interface (one connected to the DSL) will accept "traffic-shape rate 800000".

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card