Views
Helpful
Replies

Which Router to select?

Katsipoulakis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 different SHDSL models with Ethernet Interface of 2 Mbps Bandwidth.

Which is the most preferable Cisco solution to bundle the above and result to a single, 6 Mbps Bandwidth?

Thanx in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can try with PPPoE and bundling with MLPP, using a router on both sides. I have never tryed that, but it may work. However, the router must have a full layer 3 interface for each line, thing that will bring up the cost. If it doesn't you will still have 6Mbps, but each session will have a maximum of 2 Mbps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

if you really want to bundle more than two cards, you will a 2811 or bigger, then choose the card you need as indicated in the following document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5949/products_data_sheet0900aecd80581fa0.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for replying.

The "problem" is that the SHDSL lines of 2 Mbps are already having terminal modems that give me ethernet interface. What I want to say is that I actually

have 3 ethernet interfaces (over SHDSL) and I want to know if there is a module/card that can achieve bundling in a single athernet port of 6 Mbps.

Sorry for my english

You can try with PPPoE and bundling with MLPP, using a router on both sides. I have never tryed that, but it may work. However, the router must have a full layer 3 interface for each line, thing that will bring up the cost. If it doesn't you will still have 6Mbps, but each session will have a maximum of 2 Mbps.

Thanks a Lot

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card