Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Which Router to select?

Hi,

I have 3 different SHDSL models with Ethernet Interface of 2 Mbps Bandwidth.

Which is the most preferable Cisco solution to bundle the above and result to a single, 6 Mbps Bandwidth?

Thanx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Which Router to select?

You can try with PPPoE and bundling with MLPP, using a router on both sides. I have never tryed that, but it may work. However, the router must have a full layer 3 interface for each line, thing that will bring up the cost. If it doesn't you will still have 6Mbps, but each session will have a maximum of 2 Mbps.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Hi,

if you really want to bundle more than two cards, you will a 2811 or bigger, then choose the card you need as indicated in the following document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5949/products_data_sheet0900aecd80581fa0.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for replying.

The "problem" is that the SHDSL lines of 2 Mbps are already having terminal modems that give me ethernet interface. What I want to say is that I actually

have 3 ethernet interfaces (over SHDSL) and I want to know if there is a module/card that can achieve bundling in a single athernet port of 6 Mbps.

Sorry for my english

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can try with PPPoE and bundling with MLPP, using a router on both sides. I have never tryed that, but it may work. However, the router must have a full layer 3 interface for each line, thing that will bring up the cost. If it doesn't you will still have 6Mbps, but each session will have a maximum of 2 Mbps.

Thanks a Lot

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content