cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why I can't see serial interface?

jw1112
Level 1
Level 1

I just intsalled a Cisco 7606 router which has a PA-MC-8TE1+ line card, after I configured card type as T1, I can only see controller instead of serial interface, does someone has this type of problem?

3 Replies 3

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

Did you configure the channel group in the controller. Since some cards allow multiple channel groups/controller they do not create the serial interface until after you create the channel group

Thanks for your help.

The card has 8 T1 ports, do I have to configure all the ports for channel group? I have configured channel group for 1 port in controller, it still can't see the serial port.

Double check the card type command is configured and for the right slot.

eg. "card type t1 1" for slot 1

To change the card type of the PA-MC-8TE1+ after the card type command has been entered, you must remove the card from the router, save the running configuration to NVRAM, and reboot the router. When the router has finished rebooting, reinsert the card and repeat.

If you happen to have changed the card type and not rebooted, the config will not have been applied.

Run a show diag to make sure the card has been installed properly and recognised.

Hope that helps.

SD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: