Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Why the difference in cables - WIC-1T vs. WIC-2T?

I have a home CCNA lab w/2501(3) routers and just acquired a 2620XM router that has 2x WIC-T1DSU cards. I'd like to get a serial card or two to connect to my 2501 routers but the 2501 serial ports and WIC-1T ports use the DB-60 connector while the WIC-2T uses something entirely different.

I have 2 emply slots on my 2620XM, should I just go for a pair of WIC-1T cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why the difference in cables - WIC-1T vs. WIC-2T?

There simply isn't enough space on the front of a WIC for 2 DB-60 connectors, so Cisco came up with the 'SS' (small scale?) connector.

Other than that, you could use either WIC-1T or WIC-2T. Make sure you get the right pair of cables one MT and one FC to connect the routers together (or make your own back-to-back cable).

1 REPLY

Re: Why the difference in cables - WIC-1T vs. WIC-2T?

There simply isn't enough space on the front of a WIC for 2 DB-60 connectors, so Cisco came up with the 'SS' (small scale?) connector.

Other than that, you could use either WIC-1T or WIC-2T. Make sure you get the right pair of cables one MT and one FC to connect the routers together (or make your own back-to-back cable).

Views
Helpful
Replies