Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 Jumpers

Can anyone tell me what the jumpers are for on this WIC card?

I have been having some issues and noticed that some of them are jumped 1-2, others are jumped 2-3 and yet another I have has no jumper on the pins at all?

Thanks for any input.

Brian

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 Jumpers

This is Wetting Current. Capture from CCO :

***Quote start

The WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 interface card supports wetting current. Wetting current is a small amount of electrical current (60 to 140 milliamps) sent from the central office to the card to prevent the corrosion of electrical contacts in the card's network connection.

Wetting current may be enabled or disabled by the user. It is controlled by the placement of a jumper on connector J2 on the card.

The feature is enabled by connecting pins 1 and 2 of the J2 connector with a jumper. It is disabled either by removing the jumper or by connecting pins 2 and 3 of the J2 connector.

The card is shipped with the jumper connecting pins 2 and 3 on the J2 connector, which disables the wetting current.

*** Quote end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2641/products_module_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080697d39.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks Jack,

Not likely what's causing my issues but definitely takes the suspicion off the jumper settings. I've read that these new v2 cards are a little more finicky than their predecessors and that's likely what's causing my problems. Thanks for the clarification. -- Brian

or you went cheap and bought from a reseller and ended up with counterfeits....

see the links on my firm's page...

http://www.affirmedsystems.com

Joe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content