cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC 1T - Serial Number

gdelarosa
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know how can I get the serial number from a WIC-1T installed on a router?

Is there a command that I can use to obtain this information?

What else can I do besides shutting down the router, unplug the WIC and see the serial number.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

there is a command in the last Packet issue which you can try, not sure if it works on your router:

Router#show diag | include IC|NM-|Serial|FRU

This command should give you the modules installed on your router, as well as the serial numbers...

HTH,

GP

In addition to the show diag command, some versions of IOS support a command show inventory. I believe that this may also provide the serial number. As I commented in another post about this recently the show inventory shows accurate results for some platforms and show results which are not accurate for some platforms. You might try the show inventory command but be sure to check the output from that platform before you trust it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The 2621 router with the updated IOS shows the processor board ID instaed of the serial number when show inventory is used .

All the ISR routers seem to report the proper serial number using the show inventory command

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card