Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC T1 DSU/CSU Version

michiko0614
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having problem with T1 circuit. Cisco2621XM IOS 12.3-9a is connected to the carrier by T1 now without any problems. And last week I tried to swith over to new T1 carrier using same Router/version/WIC card, but different carrier.

Since interface was up/down I called carrier to troubleshoot the circuit. Carrier brought their own router and WIC and tested the circuit, and then the interface became up/up. They told me that I needed to use version2 WIC.

Is this common problems since WIC Version2 were released ? I never heard of these problems before.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recently had a similar experience: we had an existing T1 to another organization and were adding another T1 for that entity. When we tried to bring up the second T1 it did not come up properly. In troubleshooting we discovered that the T1 was not provisioned the way that we thought it was. While it might be an issue with version 1 or version 2 WIC I would check very carefully whether the parameters (line coding, framing, etc) are correctly configured.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card