Views
Helpful
Replies

Will 2960 Switch perform IP routing?

mfetterhoff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again, friends

I was under the impression that I could play with IP routing on my Cisco 2960 switches, providing they were running v/12.2   ..which they are.

More precisely- Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(58)SE2

However, the switches are not recognizing the comand 'ip routing', at the config prompt. Have I been ill-informed?

much obliged.

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mark,

Which Switch Database Management (SDM) template are you using on the switch? You can see which SDM template you are currently running with the show sdm prefer command.

In the global configuration mode, enter the command

sdm prefer lanbase-routing

Then save the configuration and reload the switch. After the reload, you should be able to activate the IP routing and set up static routing entries.

More details on SDM template on below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swsdm.html

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mark,

Which Switch Database Management (SDM) template are you using on the switch? You can see which SDM template you are currently running with the show sdm prefer command.

In the global configuration mode, enter the command

sdm prefer lanbase-routing

Then save the configuration and reload the switch. After the reload, you should be able to activate the IP routing and set up static routing entries.

More details on SDM template on below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swsdm.html

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Bingo!! ...Right on the money, Najaf! ...Thank-you very much! 

Much Appreciated...

Mark-

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card