cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the expiring CCNP route exam still be valid with the newer Troubleshoot and switch 2.0 exams?

iverson2k10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I plan on taking my CCNP (route) exam within the next month but I just notice that the exam will only be valid until Jan of 2015. Now my question is that if I take the exam older exam will it still be valid to combine the newer  "Trouble shoot 2.0" and "Switch 2.0"? I would like to take the current route test instead of the newer version becaue I've been studying it but I like to know if it will be uselss or not when combining the other to make myself an official CCNP certification holder. 

4 Replies 4

You find the needed information on the CCNP-site at cisco.com:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp/index.html#~Exam

For the CCNP you need 642-902 ROUTE or 300-101 ROUTE. So start now with 642-902 and finish later with the newer exams.

eXPlosion
Level 1
Level 1

I have found on search:

Q. Can I mix the current exams with newer exams to achieve CCNP Routing and Switching?

A. Yes, it is possible to mix version 1 and version 2 exams, but if you completed version 1 exams for ROUTE or SWITCH, then you will need to prepare version 2 ROUTE & SWITCH as well in order to pass the TSHOOT v2 exam because the TSHOOT v2 exam assumes knowledge of ROUTE v2 and SWITCH v2 topics.

The answer is unclear, yes you can mix, but you will have to prepare for version 2. I hope it's wrong information.

That's a logical statement. The v2-track includes topics that are not available in the v1-track. If you only prepared ROUTEv1 and SWITCHv1, then there are topics in TSCHOOTv2 that you perhaps can't master. So you get your CCNP with passed exams ROUTEv1, SWITCHv1 and TSCHOOTv2, but it could be hard to pass the TSCHOOTv2-test without the ROUTEv2 and SWITCHv2 knowledge.

Ah, yes i thought prapare for version 2 exams, but it means prepare for topics :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card