cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIN7 USB driver for console session

JOHN APONTE
Level 1
Level 1

I am having no success locating win7 driver for USB console session for newer  3850/2960 lan switches.  Where can I find the driver?  Thanks!!

7 Replies 7

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

John,

The switch doesn't use a driver. That would depend on what your usb-serial adapter maker is. You would need to look on the adapter that you're connecting to your computer and find a manufacturer model number and go to them to get the driver. Once you find that, you'll be able to connect to the switch.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thanks for the info...my apologies for not being clear on my intial post...but what I need is where can I download Cisco usb console driver for WIN7 64 ?

John,

There's no such thing. As originally stated, the usb console driver is for your adapter that you're using. It doesn't have anything to do with Cisco equipment.

HTH,
John

John B- I believe what John A is referrring to is the virtual COM port installation.

John A - I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for.

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284455433&softwareid=282855122&release=3.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Ooooohhh...this is used in place of the rollover cables for console access? I haven't used this yet, but I'm definitely going to try it on one of our 2960s I had to look it up after your post Collin; I didn't know that existed. I guess I'm still a little old school +5

HTH,
John

A 10' USB cable will change your life!

Thanks for the info...I will give it a shot and advise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card