Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

wired problem, you don`t belive it before you read it

Hello,

I just got a wired problem this morning, and I hope someone can explain it.

I connected the router to the internet,this router obtained a static ip address via PPPOA from ISP. And I was on internet...

BUT there was some sites I could not open at all, so I tried open them using clean ip address instead of the domain name just for to be sure that dns is not causing any problems, but NO. See the example below, I will use example ip addresses:

for example:

195.30.50.69 I can reach the web side using this ip, and I also got a ping from this ip

BUT

195.30.50.68 I can`t reach this ip and I can`t get the ping response from it either,

but I can reach this ip via another isp provider...

remember I used just example ip addresses instead of real ip, but as you see both of these 2 ip addresses are the same subnet, so "call it rouring problem" would be wrong since these 2 ip addresses are on the same subnet.

I just don`t understand what is the problem here.

There are no ACL`s no firewalling at all ! Everything is opened.

Any idea ??

Thank you

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: wired problem, you don`t belive it before you read it

Dear james ,

if the route from you to ISP is correct and you have no ACL and firewall ,the problem will be with the other end . Probably the return route from the host 195.30.50.68 to your IP

Regards,

Haris

Re: wired problem, you don`t belive it before you read it

But what is more wired, this did not happen only with one ip that I don`t receive any response, but actually there is 12 ip addresses I can`t reach, but all other ip addresses is possible to reach.

Thank You for reply !!

best regards

Views
Helpful
Replies