Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WLAN Business

I want to set up a commercial wireless LAN network that can support multiple users.

1 REPLY

Re: WLAN Business

Hello mancheste,

Cisco has a lot of wireless solutions for end users.. but you should have the correct requirement and make sure you do a site survey before procuring the products... if the requirement is small with less end stations and small area to cover, site survey is really not required !!! some of the critical info you got to gather is:

1) how many users are going to connect to the AP ?

2) How many AP's are you going to use?

3) Is there a switched network already available to connect my AP on a root mode ? The packets basically will flow throug the AP to the switch and to the internet router...

4) do i need security in wireless ? if so, we need to think of deploying some authentication device like ACS and implement some flavour of EAP...

5) Do you need antennas to enhance the signal strength ??

Lots and lots of more questions, before you really freeze a wireless solution !!! if you want, u can give us some guidelines, or else contact a good cisco partner, who can suggest you some good products...

Have a look at all the flavours of the access points:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5678/Products_Sub_Category_Home.html

I would basically recommend 1230 or 1240 AG access points for commercial purposes, anyway, it depends on all the points given above..

Hope this helps.. all the best.. rate replies if found useful..

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content