Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLAN PEAP Authentication

Hello,

Irecently set up WLAN on an enterprise network and am using ACS self signed certificate, but the PEAP authentication process is not working. What could be the problem

Regards,

Ethelbert

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't use ACS, but I do use a RADIUS server for EAP implementation. Here are a few things you can check. First, the client. Make sure that you set your client to not validate the server certificate. That's very important because it's wanting to verify your certificate against a real authority (Verisign, Comodo, etc.) Once you take that off, you should be ok if everything else is working.

Then it comes down to how the APs are configured. Are they LWAP or autonomous? If autonomous, make sure that you have your eap authentication set up for the ssid that you're needing users to authenticate against and that the AP is set up to authenticate to your ACS server as well.

Make sure the authentication piece is actually getting to your ACS server. I've never used ACS, but I'm sure that there's a way to log your traffic.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hello John,

Thanks for your response.

The WLAN is lightweight and i have already uncheck validate the server certificate on the client side.

The problem now is to configure the user role on the ACS to authenticate (PEAP) the wireless users.

Regards,

Ethelbert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card