Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3560G-48TS-E How many BGP routes it can support

Marlon Malinao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are planning to run BGP on our pair of 3560G switch, I would like to know how many bgp routes it can support? it currently running on advance IP service.

thanks,

marlon

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ebarticel
Level 4
Level 4

I read somewhere that if you run "sdm prefer" or "sdm prefer routing" should show max numer of routes it can hold on routing table. The word is that can support up to 8000 routes in the table.

Eugen

View solution in original post

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

The question is for the 3560, how many routes the TCAM can hold.

This is determined by the "sdm prefer" command. Below you have a matrix with different "sdm prefer" templates for 3560.

From what I see there with "sdm prefer routing" you have about 11k unicast routes, but from which only 8k are indirect routes.

These is the aproximate number of the BGP routes that you can have assuming that you don't have any routing protocol and enough memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_52_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp10695322

HTH,

Calin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ebarticel
Level 4
Level 4

I read somewhere that if you run "sdm prefer" or "sdm prefer routing" should show max numer of routes it can hold on routing table. The word is that can support up to 8000 routes in the table.

Eugen

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

The question is for the 3560, how many routes the TCAM can hold.

This is determined by the "sdm prefer" command. Below you have a matrix with different "sdm prefer" templates for 3560.

From what I see there with "sdm prefer routing" you have about 11k unicast routes, but from which only 8k are indirect routes.

These is the aproximate number of the BGP routes that you can have assuming that you don't have any routing protocol and enough memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_52_se/command/reference/cli2.html#wp10695322

HTH,

Calin

Thanks Guys, 

Just want to check what is 11K and 8K is it the number of prefix or memory?

Hi,

11k means 11,000 thousands and 8k means 8,000 thousands. Some people and documentation you see uses the shorter form.

Hope this helps

Eugen

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card