cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow a specific YouTube channel and all it's video file.

Mafiaboy401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I need to permit a specific Youtube channel, I configured based on tutorial KB https://ironport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1480/kw/youtube. The configuration works fine, but when I click on any video from this channel I get the block message categorized "Streaming Media".

Any Idea?

Regards,           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So youtube has stopped including the video channel name when you click on the video link. You will need to allow each video individually. 

Please add the following to the custom url under the regex.

youtube\.com/get_player

youtube\.com/get_video_info

youtube\.com/videoplayback

youtube\.com/crossdomain\.xml

youtube\.com/generate

Now to add each individual video, add the below url with the respective video id into the regex, the video id looks like this "2FBAVCM731M". Make sure you do not include

youtube\.com/.*

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer                      

Cisco IronPort - Web Security Appliances

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

United States Ironport: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

Are you trying to allow that video to be played only on the youtube channel page or are you trying to allow the video on each individual page.

Can I also get the channel that you are trying to add so I can test it?

Christian Rahl

Hi, thanks for reply.

I want to block youtube but permit videos from a specific channel.

The link is: http://www.youtube.com/tesouronacional, I want to permit all videos from this channel.

Regards

So youtube has stopped including the video channel name when you click on the video link. You will need to allow each video individually. 

Please add the following to the custom url under the regex.

youtube\.com/get_player

youtube\.com/get_video_info

youtube\.com/videoplayback

youtube\.com/crossdomain\.xml

youtube\.com/generate

Now to add each individual video, add the below url with the respective video id into the regex, the video id looks like this "2FBAVCM731M". Make sure you do not include

youtube\.com/.*

Christian Rahl

To Put each video it's time consuming, there are many video files. Is this the only method?

Anyway thanks for your help!

For right now. Yes it is. As a heads up this will allow those videos to play when they are embedded on other websites.

The problem is that when clicking a video it loads a new page. If it started playing on that channel it would play fine.

I am still going to look if there is anyway to let videos play that are being refered from a channel.  I saw one tag that might do this, but still want to test it.

Christian Rahl

Hello Christian:

I am running into the same issue where we need to  allow some You Tube Channels but not the rest of you tube. Your  workaround with the Video ID works great but we have some channels with  300+ videos.

You mentioned on your last post:

"

I  am still going to look if there is anyway to let videos play that are   being refered from a channel.  I saw one tag that might do this, but   still want to test it."

Have you check into this? Any other workaround that will be less time consuming.

Thanks,

Oscar Perez

Greetings,

I am experiencing the same problem: I need to allow a specific youtube channel, keeping any other blocked.

You have managed to find some more efficient solution than allowing each video individually?

Thank you for your attention

Eduardo Souza

Hello,

Sorry, but youtube has removed the channel name from videos that were refered from the channel.  So there is no way to filter out those videos.  We can allow the channel page itself, but when you click on any video it sends you to the individual video.

Right now the only way to allow videos is using the video id.

Christian Rahl

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

United States Content Security Support: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

Resurecting an old post! Hi friends! Im so novice working with Ironport, do you think you can help me being more specific about where I have to put the information that Christian gave us? Please add the following to the custom url under the regex. youtube\.com/get_player youtube\.com/get_video_info youtube\.com/videoplayback youtube\.com/crossdomain\.xml youtube\.com/generate Now to add each individual video, add the below url with the respective video id into the regex, the video id looks like this "2FBAVCM731M". Make sure you do not include . youtube\.com/.*

its not working. kindly clarify "the below url with the respective video id into the regex". can you give example?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: