cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone using WSA in a large environment of over 60k users?

jp01_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently evaluating WSA for an environment of over 60k users and curious to see if there is anyone else out there who has this capacity. If so have you encountered any scalability issues?

2 Replies 2

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

jp01,

The amount of req/sec that can be handled by the WSA varies depending on the features that are being used and the deployment in the network. For example, transparent proxies with authentication enabled, require more connections per client, due to the spoofing and redirection involved.

I can almost guarantee that 60,000 users is too many for a single WSA, unless the major majority of them us the internet extremely sparsely.

I recommend contacting our sales team for specific sizing information in regards to your environment and the feature sets you're looking for.

Sales can be contacted via (650) 989-6530 or this form on the website: http://www.ironport.com/contact/

jp01_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We have been suggested to size around 4-5 650s for the volume. I am looking for actual production use cases and experiences.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: