Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

ASA 5500-X Seireis vs. Palo Alto

Hey everyone,

We are currently using two older model ASA 5510 firewalls, and looking to replace them with something a little more modern. We've started looking at the ASA 5515-X, and the equivalent Palo Alto device (forget the number) as initial comparison points. I am a Cisco guy to the end, but my boss was very impressed by the PAN demo we had. I was hoping someone could give us some info that would make us feel a bit better about the 5500-X series line. It is so new, there isn't much info out there about it yet other than the typical sales sites.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 REPLIES

I'm in a similar boat, looking to replace our 5510's as well.  However I'm hoping to drop Websense and save some $.  I've used Palo in the past and really liked them.  I'm talking to folks now about the ASA5525X with the AVC and WSE bundle however it's still realitivley new.  I did comment on a previous forum a while back that still has some pertanent info:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2011246

EXACTLY the same situation for us.  We currently use Websense as well, and would love to replace it with something else.  I'll read your posts and see what I can determine.  I am not opposed to the Palo Alto's, but would rather stick with the ASAs, since just about everything we own is Cisco Powered somewhere along the lines.

From a price perspective when I ran a TCO for 5 years (5545 Cisco vs 3020 Palo)and factored in dropping Websense, smartnet, yearly renewals etc the difference between the two wasn't that bad. 

Are you considering Fortinet?

I'm not hi-jacking this thread.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content