Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS 5.2.0 for Web is now available

IronPort Systems is pleased to announce the release of AsyncOS 5.2.0-467 for Web for all S-Series Web Security Appliances.

Important Upgrade Note

If you have NTLM authentication configured, you must create a new computer object after upgrading to this release. To handle this migration most gracefully, please perform the following steps:

1. Identify the username and password that will be used to create the AD computer object. Ensure that this account has the proper credentials to create the computer object on the AD server.
2. Delete any existing computer objects for the WSA on the AD server.
3. Upgrade.
4. Re-join the WSA to the AD domain with the credentials identified in step #1.
5. After successfully joining the AD domain, verify that authentication work (or verify with test auth settings).

New Features and Enhancements

This release includes a number of new features and enhancements:
* McAfee anti-malware scanning
* Multi-realm authentication
* Welcome Splash Page
* Enhanced Web Security Manager
* WCCPv2 mask-based assignment and enhanced flexibility
* P2 interface support
* Redirect URL parameters
* Per policy group Web Reputation settings
* Advanced proxy configuration

2 Replies 2

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

With SurfControl having been purchased by Websense, I will likely be looking at a different vendor in the near future for this type product.

Any noise about a smaller S series box for smaller companies? I have less than 100 users.

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Any noise about a smaller S series box for smaller companies?

We're expecting to release a smaller box a little later this year. I'd suggest talking to your IronPort sales people who will be able to let you know when it's out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: