Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Big delay, why?

I have a problem with the Ironport S-370 in one of the sites, everything is working fine as the customer needs but there is (30 seconds) of delay when the users try to access any non-cached website. I contacted Cisco Ironport support, they checked the server and they told me that everything is fine but they recommended using a public DNS in the DNS settings instead of the local DNS. I have done it but unfortunately, the problem is not solved.

And it is worth to tell that:

- When they use the old proxy server (ISA server 2003), they can access the cached and non-cached websites with no delay.

- They have 500 users and they are planning to make them 800 users in the end of the month.

- The RAM utility is showing more than 80%, CPU utility is showing 10% (but the cisco support team think that is normal).

thank you

1 REPLY

Re: Big delay, why?

My first thought is are you doing any user authentication?   If you add an access policy for a subnet do you still get the 30second pause on non-cached sites?

Views
Helpful
Replies