cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't turn on an IronPort S650

ChristianPaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i'm trying to to start an IronPort S650, the power cable is plugged into the electrical outlet and i've already pressed the on/off switch on the front panel of the appliance. I waited 5 minutes as the configuration guide said and there's no response at all. The is only a display in the front panel that says IronPort when i pressed it's button.

Could it be a hardware issue?, is there any jumper that i have to me before start?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Christian,

The power button has a tiny LED in the middle.  If its flashing, its not on.  If its on solid the box is on.

Give it 10, then connect to the box using a laptop and a crossover cable (I think there's one shipped with the box), set the ip on the laptop to 192.168.42.5, open a brower and go to http://192.168.42.42:8080  

Take a look at the Quick Start card... this is all covered there.

Ken

Ken,

The LED is off, is not flashing and it's not solid.Also the green led of the hard drives are not responding when i try to start the IronPort. It seems like the appliance is not plugged to the power outlet, but i double check it is plugged. This is not a new appliance that's why i think it could be a hardware issue.

thank you

Christian

Might be a power supply that's not seated...

Its time to call support...

Thanks Ken, it was a problem with the on/off button it's a little bit damaged.

Christian

johnwalk8520
Level 1
Level 1

I had same issue with ironport C160.

ended up being that front panel. i removed front led power panel, made sure i could power it up, then reseated it.

hope this helps someone else who may be experiencing similar problem, may be common problem with the design of these panels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: