cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud Web Security White-listing /w Wildcards?

ocsic25
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Based off my previous discussions with TAC it sounds as though white listing traffic destined for a specific URL on the ASA is not yet supported?  For example if I needed to white list the following two sites: abc.cisco.com & 123.cisco.com - I'd have to first know the correct prefix, then create separate/individual objects for each FQDN and add them to my ASA instead of simply creating a single entry for "*.cisco.com" - correct?

2 Replies 2

Shea Lambert
Level 1
Level 1

I haven't tried *.domain.com.  I add two entries: domain.com and .domain.com.  That is what has worked for me, but then again my WSA's are onsite.

Hi Shea,

I'm faced with the same issue as Chambeja25 where by I need to allow access to the whole of amazonaws.com domain.  I've tried your suggestion of *.amazonaws.com and .amazonaws.com and both entries can't be entered due to an error message.  I did try specifying amazonaws.com as a top level root domain entry, but this doesn't work as tested through a packed trace showing the access through a more open rule further down the rule base and not being captured by my specific rule added.

Please can you advise how you managed to enter both the *.domain.com and .domain.com entries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: