cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identities - No Authentication for user agent

ttran
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting problem pops up now and then from developers because they are using different applications to check, update, and code for the web base application in house.  To by pass that, the no authenticaton identities is created and defined in user agent to exclude certain apps like, iTunes, Java, Eclipse, and ect...I just wonder if there is a parameters that put in as a wild card and does not matter what application the developers group install it will work without specified in the user agent field.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say deveoloper group, are you using an authentication server NTLM?

Maybe you should instead configure a specific identity for the devloper group to bypass, instead of having another identity for no authentication and based on user agent.

Sorry if I otheerwise misunderstand the question, maybe screen capture of the configured identities, and the access logs for failure will help in understanding.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you say deveoloper group, are you using an authentication server NTLM?

Maybe you should instead configure a specific identity for the devloper group to bypass, instead of having another identity for no authentication and based on user agent.

Sorry if I otheerwise misunderstand the question, maybe screen capture of the configured identities, and the access logs for failure will help in understanding.

You are right about the authentication using NTLM and also create a specific identity group for the developer.

Thanks of your help again.

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No Problem. I am happy to be of help to you.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: