Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

IronPort misclassification (accuses me as site holder of criminal activity)

Similar to a previous IronPort post I'm amazed there is no easier recourse for website owners to "appeal" for their websites to be removed from incorrect classifications. Having to become a member on these forums proved arduous as first the registration form was not loading fully, and then you can not process accented characters, keeping to ASCII instead of embracing Unicode in the 21st Century. Thirdly my hometown had to be written in incorrect form as you have it down as Kopavogi and not as Kopavogur (or Kópavogur as it should be written) which is a grammar variation not applicable to your form.

Back to the matter at hand. In my case the website I run for fun and no monetary gain in Iceland with a 90% Icelandic reach and 10% foreign, is labelled as a "Gambling" website when the correct category would be "Game".

Not only is this classification wrong (no money exchanges hand there, no money can be wagered nor won) it is also accusing me of criminal behaviour under Icelandic laws as Gambling is illegal in Iceland.

More specifically by labelling it as Gambling, and displaying this warning on company networks in Iceland that use IronPort, it accuses me (as site owner) of falling foul of the following:

• The Penal Code of Iceland (Almenn hegningarlög 1940/19, articles 183 and 186)
  • Laws on sweepstakes (Lög um happdrætti 2005/38, articles 2 and 11)

I seek to fix this misclassification and furthermore I would like to hear from your legal team what their thoughts are on the dangers of wrongly accusing website owners of illegal activities, both for you as the providers of the classifications and also of the companies that use your services and display your messages under their own logos and names (nowhere on the warning pages can one see that IronPort is the supplier of the classification, that had to be ascertained via the Chief of Security).

Your prompt reply waited.

regards,

Jóhannes

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

IronPort misclassification (accuses me as site holder of crimina

Hi Johannes,

If you would please send me the URL and I will review the URL and then submit it for a category change.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator
4 REPLIES

I am unable to assist you with the legal sides, but below is the link to request URL's to be changed to specific categories. We will still need to review the site to make sure the requested category falls within our criteria.

https://securityhub.cisco.com/web/submit_urls

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer                      

Cisco IronPort - Web Security Appliances

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

United States Ironport: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

Thank you but as stated before, this is not possible as I'm not an IronPort customer. When I go to that URL I get the following message:

Sorry!!! Uncorrect Ironport contract, please open a ticket with support.

This URL is clearly only for those that pay for using IronPort, not for those that are misclassified by IronPort. Again I would think you need a secondary URL which is for those that are not your customers but are the victims of your classification mistakes.

To reiterate, this issue was not resolved. I have the same issue as this topic which had to be resolved via personal messages it appears like.

You do not offer any redress for those classified wrongly, and when that misclassification is a direct accusation of illegal acticity, as per the above, this is a serious matter which I intend to take further.

Cisco Employee

Hi Johannes,

If you would please send me the URL and I will review the URL and then submit it for a category change.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser

WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content