Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport s370 Capacity

Mafiaboy401
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anybody knows what is the hardware capacites of S370 ?

Transactions per Second:

Bandwidth (Mbps):

Connections:

Total connections                     

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

Depends on what you are going to use on the device. What engines and services were you going to use?

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer                      

Cisco IronPort - Web Security Appliances

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

United States Ironport: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

View solution in original post

It can handle anywhere between 40 and 60 Mbps, for each WSA with a full suite of engines and features. The maximum is 100 Mbps.

Christian Rahl

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Christian Rahl
Level 1
Level 1

Depends on what you are going to use on the device. What engines and services were you going to use?

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer                      

Cisco IronPort - Web Security Appliances

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

United States Ironport: 1-877-641-IRON (4766)

Hi, we will have 200,00 users using 10 WSA S370 and ACE load balance.

Ten devices S370 it's enough to support 200,00 users with proxy for Internet access?

Regards

20,000 users across 10 S370's you will be fine. 200,000 users across 10 S370's will not be fine. Just wanted to cover whether use misplaced the comma or missed an extra zero. Once you do that I would recommend keeping the requests per second under 550-600. Even those numbers are on the high end.

Christian Rahl

I missed the extra zero, we are ISP and we have 200,000. We will implement 10 WSA with 2 ACE in active / standby. My question is if this will support our 200,000 users in explicit proxy. What is the best design? Can I control the request per second in WSA config ?

The amount of devices would probably be best recommended by a sales member and they would have to look at what you are using the devices for. However you would need a minimum of 10 S670's, even if they are explicit.

The only way to control requests per second is by controlling the load balancer or whatever tool you use to load balance the connections. The other way to control requests per second would be to block websites, however being an ISP that might not be the best way to do that. An S670 can handle anywhere between 600 to 900 requests per second. However this number is extremely flexible based on what engines and features you are using.

Christian Rahl

Great..

Do you know what is the maximum Bandwidth (Mbps) supported for model S370 ? What is the recommended?

We have a link with 300 Mbps shared between 09 WSA S370.

Regards,

It can handle anywhere between 40 and 60 Mbps, for each WSA with a full suite of engines and features. The maximum is 100 Mbps.

Christian Rahl

Ok,

Thanks for all information.

Regards

Dear Christian,

Could you tell me what is the maximum bandwidth supported by S660 andC660 Web and Mail gateway appliances?

As you mentioned before that S360/370 can handle anywhere between 40 and 60 Mbps,

Thanks in advance.

ramankin786
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Christian,

Could you tell me what is the maximum bandwidth supported by S660 andC660 Web and Mail gateway appliances?

As you mentioned before that S360/370 can handle anywhere between 40 and 60 Mbps,

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: