Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport WSA AV scanning

piotr.chrusciel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everynone.

Is there any information about maximum filesize that is scanned with antivirus engine in S170 and S370 ?

At the moment I compare WSA with other vendors. Some competitors claim that Ironport does not scan all downloaded objects. It only scans obcjects which were downloaded from sites with poor reputation. Even "good" sites can be infected and such approach can create security hole. Some vendors have dedicated hardware where all objects are scanned.

I also found an information  that WSA can work in two modes : Maximum protection and High Performance

I wonder, what is the impact on a performance when WSA works in High Performance mode? Do anyone have any experience on that field (what is the latency, user experience) ?

Best Regards,

Piotr

1 Reply 1

Vance Kwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The maximum scannable file size is 32mb by default.

I have not heard of a Maximum Protection/High Performance mode.  But it is true that the WSA only scans objects from netural/poor rated websites.  Your concern about good rated websites containing malware is valid.  But this is configurable.  Obviously it will increase overhead due to the increased scanning of course.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: