Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort WSA management through Security Management Appliance

rick505d3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two identically configured (policies) IronPort WSA S670 appliances running 7.5.0-833 and both added in SMA M670 management appliance running 7.9.1-102. Appliance A has McAfee license expired. Newly installed appliance B has Mcafee running for 28 more days. "Sophos" is enabled on both and working good. Config Master 7.5 was built based on the config from appliance A.

Now, when i want to push the Config Master to both the associated WSA, it fails on appliance B as "McAfee" is disabled in Config Master but enabled on it. The setting "Security Services Display" in M670 was changed to enable "McAfee" but now appliance A fails giving a mis-match error on publishing.

How to workaround this ? Can McAfee license/feature key on appliance B be expired / disabled now without waiting 28 days to let it expire.

Thanks,

Rick.

1 Reply 1

Puja Mahapatra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rick,

You can disable Mcafee globally on the SMA by going to :

GUI -> Web -> Utilities -> Security Services Display -> Edit Display Settings-> Under Configuration Master 7.5 ->

Do your Web Appliances have McAfee Anti-Malware enabled? -> Uncheck the box and submit.

Also, Disable Mcafee on the appliance that thas 28 days of the licenses left, This way Mcafee will be disabled on all your boxes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

-Puja