cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple S650s in single domain

David Rocha
Level 1
Level 1

I just recently purchased two S650s for my organization assuming that it could be configured like our C150s (clustered). Now that I actually hooked up the second device I found my assumption to be wrong. What is the best way to configure them for load balancing with a single domain using a single Cisco Router with transparent redirection. I already configured them both almost identically and they appear to be load-sharing the client traffic. I just wanted to verify there isn't a better way.

3 Replies 3

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Rochad,

It looks like you're already using WCCP which has inherent load sharing and failover capabilities. This is the ideal scenario.

Depending on how you have configured WCCP, you may be loadbalancing based on client or destination. I believe the default for web-cache is destination based.

Mostly likely, this will suit your needs.

David Rocha
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply.
I have the devices configured for client-based load-balancing. Everything appears to be working. I also notice on my daily reports that the devices have a evenly distributed number of clients attached to each device. I think this load-balancing and fail-over option will meet our needs better than just a fail-over cluster configuration. Being that my organization is small, my cpu load on each device is extremely small. I was just wondering what the refresh time is as far as client connections? Will I get a daily report for each device that contains all clients or will the report look like it does now in the morning with just a split group of clients on each device?

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Rochad,

The reports in the Monitor section of the WSA will only reflect each WSAs perspective of it's own traffic, not a shared view of all traffic.

If you desire to have a single repository for all traffic via both WSAs, it is recommended that you use a 3rd party reporting solution, such as Sawmill.

You can download Sawmill from our Support Portal. There are also very detailed setup and installation guides for it.

You will need to contact your Sales Representative in regards to licensing, but the download from the support portal can be used for a limited demonstration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: