cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re-categorize a url?

qsnow_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to re-categorize a URL? We have a few that we would like to move into the Business category.

3 Replies 3

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Do you mean re-categorize it locally, or in the IronPort URL Filtering database?

If you believe you've got something which is incorrectly classified you can request it be updated from the IronPort Support Portal (Under "Web"). Of course, just because you request it doesn't mean that it will be re-classified as obviously there can be many different ideas on what a site is...

If you just want to re-classify it locally then just create a "custom" group. This will override the default URL classifications. So if you create an "OurBusiness" category, put the host/URL into that, and then allow it for your users then they will be able to get to the site even if it's denied elsewhere.

The section referred to above no longer exists, is there somewhere else we can request recategorization? I've searched through the Ironport Support site but I don't see anything like that.

qsnow_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Ah okay, I guess that makes sense. (And yes, I was talking about local re-categorization).

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: