Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP + IronPort

Hi

I am trying to setup the following service: ( managed service)

cisco ios router-887A (wccp v2)------internet -------Data Center ----ironport

is it possible to use ironport in the cloud and use for many clients ?

I was trying diffrent config  and

scenario with wccp but without any success.

I started to doubt whether it is at all possible

Thanks for any advise

Best

Martin

3 Replies 3

Erik Kaiser
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcin,

In order to know if this will work or not you will need to engage the router TAC or post this question in regards to the model of the router your using. I would also include the topolgy as what protocol your using to connecto the data center. Even though you list internet bewteen router 887 A and Data Center there has to be some sort of dedicated connection between the 2 devices in order for WCCP to work.

Sincerely,

Erik Kaiser
WSA CSE
WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Sincerely, Erik Kaiser WSA CSE WSA Cisco Forums Moderator

Hi Eric

Thx for your answer.

But generally WCCPv2 is the GRE tunnel - also we have dedicated connection to proxy .  What is beeing use for your scansafe solution if you configure it on cisco ios ( WCCP too or something else ? )  ? for ASA I know there is dedicated part of code./configuration

Regs

Marcin

In regards to the WSA being in the cloud - Yes it is possible for many users to use it for Explicit Forward requests.  Just keep in mind that you will need some other piece of hardware that will allow/reject requests based on IP in front of the WSA.

Regarding the WCCP, there is one detail that needs to be clarified with the Router team; will the WCCP redirection via GRE be NAT'd and passed through the internet to your datacenter?

-Vance