cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WSA running too slow

blopez_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello citizens! I've been having lot of trouble with an WSA. It runs too slowly. Some times a web page is displayed 5 or 6 minutes after I requested it. Has anyone found this kind of trouble? If so I would really appreciate some advice:

blopez@caveo-net.com

Regards.
Bernardo

2 Replies 2

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

Bernardo,

There is something definitely wrong if it's taking 5 - 6 minutes to display a page. The best way to analyze this would be to work directly with Iron Port support.

Many things can be a factor in this.

How are you deployed, transparently or explicitly?
Are you doing authentication? If so, have you tried disabling auth?
Are you using internal or external DNS servers?

The WSA should be as fast as the network / DNS / authentication servers. Unless it is being over encumbered.

How many connections do you have running through it at once? You can check with the CLI command "rate".

blopez_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The appliance is running as a explicit forward, it has internal DNS only and I guess the trouble will be solved when the customer opens up port 53 so I can use Internet Root DNS servers, but he's been reluctant to do so. I'm working on it. Thanks on the rate command it will be very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: