cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who is my Service App Admin?

jjgreen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to create a service app for CDETS and have submitted it for Admin Authorization, but have gotten no response.  WebEx developer support team was not able to find out who to contact about it.  Does anyone know how I can get the authorization?

5 Replies 5

jjgreen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sandip,

My Org is IT Engineering DevOPS_US, which is part of Hybrid Cloud, Infrastructure & Operations_Management_US

Thanks,

John

Hi @jjgreen

Thanks for sharing the details!
But with this Org name: "IT Engineering DevOPS_US", I'm not getting any accurate result actually.
Just tried to simplify the search with just "DevOps" and list is really long and finding out the exact Org that you mentioned - is tough.

So, there is another way to get it, Let's do that.
Kindly run this API - https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/people/get-my-own-details and in the Response, you will find a parameter called "orgId" and that's nothing but your unique Org ID.
Please share the orgId value and I'll check that OrgId from Control Hub which should land us to the exact Org you belong to.

Please make sure while you're running this API, you use exactly the same Webex Account to login in Webex Developer Portal using which you created the Service App.

Regards!
Sandip

Sandip,

get-my-own-details shows

"orgId": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL09SR0FOSVpBVElPTi8xZWI2NWZkZi05NjQzLTQxN2YtOTk3NC1hZDcyY2FlMGUxMGY",

Regards,
John

Thanks for details @jjgreen !
I checked the OrgId and I just realized you belong to the Cisco Org only.
So, there are many Full Admins in our Org and I can ask you to send a Webex chat message to Adam Weeks (adweeks@cisco.com) and ask him to approve your Service App from Control Hub.

I could approve it as well, but it's just that I still don't have Full Admin access on Cisco Org.

Please note, if this Service App is just for testing purpose and you want to check how Tokens could be generated from the Service App, I'd have preferred not to create a Service App under Cisco Org. Rather I'd have created such test Service App under my Developer Sandbox account which is mainly for testing purposes.
And, you don't need to wait on someone for approving the Service App in that case since you can login to Control Hub using that Sandbox admin account and directly approve it as many times as you want.
Such Webex Free Developer Sandbox Account can be created from here - https://developer.webex.com/docs/developer-sandbox-guide

Regards!
Sandip

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @jjgreen,
Could you kindly share us the Org details that you belong to.
Based on that, we can check the Full Admin for that Org and share you the contact details.
Definitely you need to follow-up with the Full Admin of your current Org to get the Service App authorized since he/she is the only person who can login to Admin Control Hub and get that done.

At least if you could share your current Org Name or, Org ID - we can help you by sharing the Org Admin details.

Regards!
Sandip