Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Registering Jabber Video (Movi) with Callway

I have successfully activated a new Callway subscription, and wish to register my Jabber Video (previously called Movi) w/ the provided account info. I've done this on an EX90 and MX-200 in the past, but these offer a specific menu item indicating where the device should register, providing a Callway option to select.  There's no such option in the Jabber Video client. the Settings menu provides a "Sign-in" page, and the Internal Server field has the ciscojabbervideo.com URL. The External Server and SIP domain fields are blank.

How do I configure the JV client to connect w/ Callway?

Everyone's tags (5)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello ... seems like you have a Jabber Video client downloaded from the ciscojabbervideo.com site.  That client is configured to operate only on the Jabber Video network, not the WebEx Telepresence (formerly known as Callway) network.

If you would like to have a Jabber Video account on WebEx Telepresence, you will have to create a new subscription, and choose the Jabber Video subscription type.  When you approve the contract, you will be sent an email with instructions on where to download the client (Windows and MacOS versions).

You can, then, use the Jabber Video user name and password that were provided to you in the activation email to login to the WebEx Telepresence network.

In addition, video numbers and activation codes generated for hard endpoints, e.g., MX200, EX90, C20, are only usable on hard endpoints, and not on Jabber Video subscriptions.  However, you can use a hard endpoint activation information on another hard endpoint (as long as the MAC address is released on the first subscription).

Excellent/accurate response - thank you!

Views
Helpful
Replies