Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Using a WebEx TelePresence MeetMe bridge with on-prem-registered endpoints (CUCM/VCS)

I'm trying to determine if a WebEx TP bridge (MeetMe) can be leveraged for internally-registered Cisco endpoints.

The customer already has a couple SX20 endpoints with WebEx TelePresence Premium endpoint subscriptions, as well as a 12-port MeetMe bridge. They are now looking to roll out video for their remaining sites, and are interested in the new SX10 Quick Sets (1/3 the cost of the SX20s), which are not supported by WebEx TP.  They are a Cisco UC shop, though, so the SX10s (and SX20s) could register directly to Communications Manager.

The main question is whether an endpoint registered to CM can connect to a WebEx TP MeetMe bridge when needing to join a multi-party video conference. (Let's say the endpoints do NOT have WebEx TP Premium subscriptions, and the customer is only maintaining one or more MeetMe bridges.) Specifically, can SX endpoints registered to CM (or VCS) type in the MeetMe bridge video (EX: customerx.bridge@webex.com), and thus use the cloud bridge (so, local registration but using the WebEx TP cloud for non P2P conferences)?

Assuming the above works, would on-prem VCS-Control and VCS-Expressway be required to enable this outbound connection, or would hitting up the MeetMe bridge not really make use of (require) firewall traversal technology?  Firewall traversal would, of course, be required when an outside party is needing to connect to an internal bridge/conference, is this infrastructure necessary if dialing out to a cloud bridge?

Thank you

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hi bkccards64,This is

Hi

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/97931/trusted-public-root-cas-b2b-telepresence

The CUCM is considered a gatekeeper, so this will work.  You will also need the SIP SRV DNS setup.  Once setup, this solution should work.

This is one that has not been tested, and it could very well be possible the firewall traversal solution is still needed.  I will see if I can get confirmation.

Regards,

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content