Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Webex Meeting Center and Jabber for Ipad support in Webex Telepresence

Hello, I have a two questions which are unclear based on my browsing of posts in this thread.

1) Are traditional Webex Meeting Center meetings able to be joined to a Webex Telepresence session?  Ie. I have two callway/webex telepresence nodes (SX20 and a C40) can they have a webex meeting center participant brought in?

2) Is Jabber for Ipad supported using the Webex Telepresence service?  Using the example endpoints above I have a SX20 and C40 and they want to add a Webex for Ipad endpoint in.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: Webex Meeting Center and Jabber for Ipad support in Webex Te

i have answer for the second part , whereby you can to join Ipad for webex meeting session by sending invitation from webex meeting host by sending link mail to the user that has IPAD then u can access webex by username and password that sent also from host .

On another hand by SX20 iam still search how is it accomplished !!

Amr

You cannot have Telepresence endpoints using Callway service(WebEx TP service) join a webex session directly. You can do this however using WebEx enabled Telepresence which is meant for on-premise users to work with WebEx

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/config_guide/webex_enabled_telepresence/cts_webex_config.html

In the call way (aka WebEx tp service), the work around is you have to use an endpoint that has multi site capabilities to make one video call and see video from other end points and then make an audio call to the WebEx service and bridge them together. Now users can audio and video and presentation remains on WebEx but it's not like the true webex enabled telepresence which today call way doesnt support

See attached PDF last page. Also you may need a PSTN subscription to make that call happen

Thanks Skilambi about your richable links and this exactly what i taking about but the question is :

I have a cisco telepresence endpoint (SX20) and  has already multisite capability (3 participants) , also the endpoint  has both public ip & DID number for making and receiving calls by  IPs & numbers ,

But if someone in somewhere making a webex session as (a host = admin) How he can to invite me as (SX20) into this session !!!!

The normal procedure is sending a link with username and PIN for  joining the session for any participants like Lab , PC , IPad &  iphone but how to cisco telepresence end point !!!!!

Thanks alot for your assistance .

AMR

Yes you cannot do that with the cloud service. See my link above on WebEx enabled Telepresence not to be confused with WebEx telepresence(aka Callway). Blame marketing :-)

Callway doesnt support true integration of WebEx and Telepresence so you have to do the work around like I put in the PDF

If you need to join natively from your SX20 into a WebEx and have bi directional audio/video/presentation then you need to have onpremise infrastructure

Details in the link above, you need MCU or TS, VCSor CUCM + VCS-C and VCS-E plus WebEx MC subscription

Srini

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content