Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

WebEx Telepresence Bridge and Audio calls

I have a customer with a 12 port WebEx Telepresence (Meet Me) bridge.  The first two audio callers can call in with out any issues, but when a third audio caller calls in, it knocks one of the orginial audio calls off the bridge. We have had more than two audio callers in the past (the documentation says we are limited to the port count).  Has something changed? 

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

I think we may have found the answer...

When the customer calls into the bridge, they were using their office phones.  The office phones use the same caller ID (the main office number).  I think the bridge was removing what it thought were duplicates.  When we tested with cell phones it worked as expected.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Crbates,

Nothing has changed.  How many video callers are connected at the time the audio callers join?  If you have more than 9, then this is the reason why audio callers are bumped when a new caller joins.  Each audio caller uses up a video port to the bridge service.

If you have 6 video callers, then you can have 6 audio calls.  However, if you have 10 video calls then only 2 audio calls can join.  Any more that try will bump one of the first connections.

Regards,

Jason

Community Member

Thanks for the quick response.

In answer to your question, no one else was on the bridge.  We were testing before the actual call began.

This brings up another question:  Why not ring busy when the bridge is full versus dropping someone already on the bridge?

Thanks.

Community Member

I think we may have found the answer...

When the customer calls into the bridge, they were using their office phones.  The office phones use the same caller ID (the main office number).  I think the bridge was removing what it thought were duplicates.  When we tested with cell phones it worked as expected.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content