Views
Helpful
Replies

a password recovery on vWAAS

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is some a method for the password recovery for vWAAS? When the customer forget the admin password, is possible to recover it? Or has to the customer reinstall vWAAS again?

Thanks

Roman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ktunugun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roman,

Please refer to the below config guide for recovering a lost admin password. No need for reinstall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105354

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kiran

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ktunugun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roman,

Please refer to the below config guide for recovering a lost admin password. No need for reinstall:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105354

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

so it is same like for the normal WAE, isn't it?

Roman

Yes thats correct.

Once the vWAAS is deployed it is like any other WAE.

Regards

Kiran

surafel01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

Is there any WAAS simulator you know?

I found the link worked great.  I did want to point something out that was not clear to me at first. Rebooting a vWAAS on an ISR (virtual-service) is done from the router config.  (Cant rightly pull a plug or flip a switch) 

I ssh'ed into the router then consoled into the virtual service

router# virtual-service connect name ISR-WAAS console

Then ssh's into the router again to 'no activate / activate' the service.

router(config)# virtual-service ISR-WAAS

router(config-virt-serv)#no activate

Once the virt service was down I was kicked out of the connection ( but had the CLI cached for quick use to get back in.

Then followed the procedure in the link above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: