Views
Helpful
Replies

Choosing a WAE Central Manager

b.petronio
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If i want to choose a WAE Model to act as a Central Manager, what should i pay attention, beside the Number of Managed Devices ?

In Example:

I have 1 CM WAE-512-1G and 1 WAE-512-1G as "Core", 3 NME-WAE-302, 2 NME-WAE-502, and the client is expecting to grow to more 30 remote sites.

I'm planning to advise the client to upgrade the Core Appliance from WAE-512-1G to WAE-512-2G, or to buy a WAE-612-2GB, cause he's concerned with the Optimized TCP Connections limit.

If i change the WAE Core to a greater Model, should i change the CM WAE to ?

Best Regards,

Bruno Petrónio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bruno,

It's basically just the number of managed devices. Most of what the CM does is push configs, replicate the stats and provide reporting. It's a very important piece of the infrastructure, however as long as the CM is within recommended device number, you should be fine.

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bruno,

It's basically just the number of managed devices. Most of what the CM does is push configs, replicate the stats and provide reporting. It's a very important piece of the infrastructure, however as long as the CM is within recommended device number, you should be fine.

Dan

Does the Central Manager have a a hard limit or does it depend on the device type ?

Each device type configured as a Central Manager has a hard limit on the number of WAAS endpoint devices which it can support. Here are some guidelines for Number of Managed Devices per Central Manager appliance :

• WAVE-274: 125 Devices
  • WAVE-474: 250 Devices
  • WAVE-574-3GB: 500 Devices
  • WAVE-574-6GB:1000 Devices
  • WAVE-674-4GB: 2000 Devices
  • WAVE-674-8GB: 2500 Devices