cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS Central Manager

vinodpol
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me how to deploy Cisco WAAS Central Manager to manage 100 WAE devices over WAN? Is there any additional devices need to setup redundant design and any license cost included here per device basis to monitor? I need detailed solution to manage WAE devices centrally.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

asharmav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinodpol,

You need to have a central manager to mange the waas devices, this is a standalone device and cannot be used to as a application accelearator, a 274 devices can manage upto 125 devices , if you want to have a reducndancy you can have a primary and secondary central manager, there is no additional linces required for making the device as a central manager.

regards

Abijith

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

asharmav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vinodpol,

You need to have a central manager to mange the waas devices, this is a standalone device and cannot be used to as a application accelearator, a 274 devices can manage upto 125 devices , if you want to have a reducndancy you can have a primary and secondary central manager, there is no additional linces required for making the device as a central manager.

regards

Abijith

Abhijith,

Thank you for answer. My question about license for adding each WAE device over WAN under central manager? Is there separate license we need to by per device to add under CM and also if I need to support 250 devices what is the model for CM I should go for? Can it work on inline module?

-Vinod

Vinod,

There is no need to buy additional licenses or no need to  add per device license  on the central manager. You can go with the 294-4G or the 474 device , these can support upto 250 devices. However would suggest you to go with a higher model so in future if you expand , you might want to replace the CM that time.

Also a central manager cannot work as a inline or wccp device nor it can do any optimization.

Regards

Abijith