cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAAS Flow Agent

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

I just read that the Cisco NAM 4.0 software now supports reading information from the Cisco Flow Agent available in Cisco WAAS 4.0.13 and beyond. How does this feature work exactly? How do NetQOS and NAM speak to the WAAS software and glean information from the Flow Agent. Is it possible to retrieve information from the Flow Agent without the NetQoS Suite or NAM 4.0 products?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NetQOS Superagent and the NAM4.0 communicate to the Flow Agent on WAAS as to what traffic flows it should collect stats on. The Flow Agent then collects and sends updates on packet summaries to the NetQOS aggregator or NAM.

You literally only enable the flow agent on WAAS and put in the collecting IP of the monitor. Once the WAE registers on the monitor, it receives it's configuration from that device on what traffic to monitor, so I'm not sure it's something you want to attempt to reverse engineer.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Are there any plans to have Virtual Blade support for monitoring applications like NetQoS and NAM on the larger units? What about Central manager in a VB?

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those are all definitely on features roadmaps, but nothing (timelines) have been committed to by Product Teams at this point.

I would watch updates post 4.1.3...

Dan

When is 4.1.3 due out?

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Latest I've heard is still mid-April.

Dan