cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM not seeing new device

cgarringer
Level 1
Level 1

I recently replaced a WAVE 574 in the data center with vWAAS.  That has gone fine with no problems.   I deleted the WAVE 574 from the CM about 3 weeks ago and now am re-purposing the device at a new remote site.    I can ssh to the device , it is pointed to the CM, cms is enabled but it is not on-line.   It does not appear in the CM GUI at all, is there a CLI command to list the devices?   The WAAS is the 2nd behind a IOS firewall, the ACL hit count shows traffic on 443 to the CM, but the hit count for the ACL from the CM to the device shows nothing.   I can ping in both directions from CM to the device.   All devices are on 4.4.1.   Any suggestions?   The only log is about secure-store not being able to contact the CM for the key.

Jun 14 14:35:15 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: java: %WAAS-CMS-6-700001: CESecureStoreFacade(ma

in): Performing secure store operation open from CLI

Jun 14 14:35:16 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: CESecureStoreFacade(ma

in): Failed to retrieve key from key manager.Can't retrieve key from CM

Jun 14 14:35:16 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: ss_init: %WAAS-CMS-6-700001 Failed to retrieve k

ey from key manager.Can't retrieve key from CM

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good afternoon,

If you deleted the device from the central manager but didn't first do a deregister on the WAE, the WAE believes it's still registered, even though it's not.

To solve this, try using the command "WAE# cms deregister force" and then try to register it to the central manager again.

I hope this helps

Daniel

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good afternoon,

If you deleted the device from the central manager but didn't first do a deregister on the WAE, the WAE believes it's still registered, even though it's not.

To solve this, try using the command "WAE# cms deregister force" and then try to register it to the central manager again.

I hope this helps

Daniel