Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CM not seeing new device

I recently replaced a WAVE 574 in the data center with vWAAS.  That has gone fine with no problems.   I deleted the WAVE 574 from the CM about 3 weeks ago and now am re-purposing the device at a new remote site.    I can ssh to the device , it is pointed to the CM, cms is enabled but it is not on-line.   It does not appear in the CM GUI at all, is there a CLI command to list the devices?   The WAAS is the 2nd behind a IOS firewall, the ACL hit count shows traffic on 443 to the CM, but the hit count for the ACL from the CM to the device shows nothing.   I can ping in both directions from CM to the device.   All devices are on 4.4.1.   Any suggestions?   The only log is about secure-store not being able to contact the CM for the key.

Jun 14 14:35:15 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: java: %WAAS-CMS-6-700001: CESecureStoreFacade(ma

in): Performing secure store operation open from CLI

Jun 14 14:35:16 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: CESecureStoreFacade(ma

in): Failed to retrieve key from key manager.Can't retrieve key from CM

Jun 14 14:35:16 [172.16.33.3.2.2] 2012 Jun 14 14: ss_init: %WAAS-CMS-6-700001 Failed to retrieve k

ey from key manager.Can't retrieve key from CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

CM not seeing new device

Good afternoon,

If you deleted the device from the central manager but didn't first do a deregister on the WAE, the WAE believes it's still registered, even though it's not.

To solve this, try using the command "WAE# cms deregister force" and then try to register it to the central manager again.

I hope this helps

Daniel

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

CM not seeing new device

Good afternoon,

If you deleted the device from the central manager but didn't first do a deregister on the WAE, the WAE believes it's still registered, even though it's not.

To solve this, try using the command "WAE# cms deregister force" and then try to register it to the central manager again.

I hope this helps

Daniel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content