Views
Helpful
Replies

CM's GUI stops working

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

Need some helps, please.

My CM is up and running for months, I have no problem to access CM via GUI but the GUI has stopped working today. 

Checked that I can PING and SSH to CM with no problem.

Also checked that CMS is enabled, Services cms_httpd is running and show service port indicates that port 8443 is running.  What else should I check?Have anyone seen and experienced this before?  How to relosve this?  I only have one CM in the network,(working on adding standby CM), anyhow, if I need to reload the CM in order to recover it, what are the impacts?

Thanks

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joe,

All the errorlogs for the different processes are in the "errorlog" directory. The CMS ones are named "cms_log.x"

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

To troubleshoot this, you will have to look at the CMS errorlogs. These logs are quite hard to read so it's probably best to open a TAC service request.

As for the reload, reloading the CM should not cause any impact to the rest of the devices.

Regards

Daniel

Thanks Daniel.  Where can we find the CMS errorlogs?  in what direcotry?

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

All the errorlogs for the different processes are in the "errorlog" directory. The CMS ones are named "cms_log.x"

Regards

Daniel

Thank you very much Daniel!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: