Helpful
Replies

Compare Microsoft Outlook MAPI client with and without encryption

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Two questions about Microsoft Outlook Encryption and WAAS

01) If I'm using Micrsoft Outlook with Encryption, only the TFO is used or I can say that TFO/LZ/DRE are used and only MAPI Accelerator is not used

02) Is there any way, using only Cisco WAAS to measure, to identify what gain you get using MAPI with or without encryption.

I asked that because a customer that I have is using only Microsoft Outlook with Encryption.

He wants to know if there is a way to measure (in WAAS) just one client to see if the gain justify change all the others clients.

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ryan Posey
Level 1
Level 1

FYI...Exchange traffic will average 65% reduction.  Note that is average.  Some sessions are 20% reduced, others are 90% reduced. It all depends on the content.  Also, you may want to wait until a later release that can optimize the 2007/2010 MAPI traffic either encrypted or clear text.  Later WAAS versions this year should handle the encrypted MAPI.  That should save the leg work of forcing AD group policy to disable 2010 encryption. I'd expect it later in the year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ryan Posey
Level 1
Level 1

FYI...Exchange traffic will average 65% reduction.  Note that is average.  Some sessions are 20% reduced, others are 90% reduced. It all depends on the content.  Also, you may want to wait until a later release that can optimize the 2007/2010 MAPI traffic either encrypted or clear text.  Later WAAS versions this year should handle the encrypted MAPI.  That should save the leg work of forcing AD group policy to disable 2010 encryption. I'd expect it later in the year.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: