Views
Helpful
Replies

Config-sync not working?

agvelegol
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mixed AO/Legacy System

I had to add a new WAE to the system that needs to be AO.

I put in the basic config to get it on my network.  Then did the cms enable, it showed as already activated on the Central Manager even though the command "no auto-register enable" is set.   I was fine with that, however, when I look at Services in the Central Manager it is Blank on the device listing and just shows as "WAE" in the device dashboard on the CM.   I would expect to see Applicatoin Accelerator.

I also don't see the configuration that I have in my AllDeviceGroup going from the Central Manager to the WAE.  

I checked License on the WAE and Enterprise is Active, show cms info shows Online, I'm just not seeing the config that I would expect the CM to push to the WAE on the WAE.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I've done a cms deregister force, removed from CM.  Added back.   Still the same result.   It does appear that the WAE is doing acceleration, but I'm not able to see that information on my Central Manager.

2 Replies 2

Bhavin Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you post the software version of your WAE and CM here, please?

Plus show alarm hist detail from WAE will also help us.

Thanks.

4.1.7a on both the CM and the WAE

Just to let you know I do have a TAC case opened on this too.   It appears that the issue is SSLCyrpto..    I see the following in the syslog on the CM:

2012 Jan  6 06:35:05 waas-cm java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: cdm(RpcWorker-

1): SSCrypto.decrypt:unable to decrypt data. Failed to decrypt data  for UserCon

fig_26849. Unable to calculate configuration updates for device device-

waas2/CeConfig_21952 2012 Jan  6 06:35:05 waas-cm java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: cdm(RpcWorker-
1): SSCrypto.decrypt:unable to decrypt data. Failed to decrypt data  for UserCon
fig_26849. Unable to calculate configuration updates for device device-
waas2/CeConfig_21952

I'm not certain when this started, but I am going to guess when I started converting Legacy Core/Edge to AO

I still have one more Core left to convert to AO

It appears that since SSL Acceleration was enabled that is the cause of the issue with the device not being able to get the update as per the syslog message.

I just need to find a way to correct this.  I would prefer not having to enable secure store on the Central Manager as from reading appears to require all users being deleted and TACACS disabled.

If there is something I can do (Even If I need to touch every remote WAE/WAVE) that would be great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: