cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deregister WAAS CM

sbrobak
Level 1
Level 1

Had to reinstall the vCM after some crash. Switch the standby vCM to primary. That works fine. After reinstalling the previous primary vCM, I can't get it to register on the primary vCM. When configuring "cms enable" it says: "

Registration record for this device already exists or other nodes share the following information with this node: Mac <mac> already used by device WAAS-vCM(CdmConfig_180);

register: Registration failed(512).

cms: unable to register node

FAILED to enable management services"

When looking in the CM gui the previous CM is "offline". I can't delete it from the database - there is an option to "delete", but nothing happens when doing so.

Running 4.4.3.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Normally, deleting the device should work, even though it's not the best approach in a situation like this.

You should try the procedure described at the link below. With this, what you will do is associate the new device with the previous database entry

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v441/configuration/guide/maint.html#wp1105458

I hope this helps

Daniel

Tried this, but it looks like it count for accelerators, not cm.

Hi,

Yes, you are right. The recover identity option is only available in the accelerators.

Please, give me a few days to find an answer. I'm trying to investigate it further internally.

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: