cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inline WAVE supporting trunking

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WAVE-674 with a four-port inline module. On the remote end, they are trunking between the router and the switch, where I'll place the WAVE. If I'd like for the inline module/WAVE to detect the 802.1q trunk headers and optimize for all VLANs, is it as simple as:

interface InlineGroup 1/0
inline vlan all
exit

The CCO doc isn't too explicit and I won't have time to "play" with config options, the office has to come immediately back up after inserting into the network.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

By default when a WAAS device is deployed using the Inline Module, traffic on all VLANs will be intercepted and evaluated for optimization.

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

By default when a WAAS device is deployed using the Inline Module, traffic on all VLANs will be intercepted and evaluated for optimization.

Regards,

Zach

Thanks Zach, So then, WAVE can automatically detect whether there are 802.1q trunk headers or not- and to your point, will by default begin to optimize all the tagged (and untagged) traffic.

Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks Zack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: