Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP route-cache flow over WCCP

Hello All,

I have a query , we have enabled ip route cache flow on the main ATM IMA interface and we have few subinterfaces configured in it.While looking at the output of ip cache flow I see the source IP add & source interfaces to be different i.e. in the below example 172.18.96.0/22 is a subnet which resides behind AT0/IMA0.75 but I see this subnet as a source / destination IP through a different sub-interfaces.As per the network setup there is no other link for the other sub-interfaces to reach the mentioned subnet.

below is one sample output , we see lot of traffic as highlighted below

AT0/IMA0.776  172.18.96.115   Gi0/0.1       172.18.9.64     06 047D 0882     1 - In this example the mentioned IP should not reflect the source interface as Ima.776 rather it should b only IMA.75 as below.

AT0/IMA0.75   172.18.96.115   Gi0/0.1       172.18.9.64     06 047D 0887     1 - this is right information
AT0/IMA0.779  172.18.11.15    AT0/IMA0.75   172.18.96.186   06 0CF6 0050  1 - this is right inforamtion

configurations

interface ATM0/IMA0
no ip address
ip route-cache flow
logging event subif-link-status
load-interval 30
ima clock-mode common 0
ima differential-delay-maximum 150
atm vc-per-vp 1024
no atm ilmi-keepalive
end

we have these many subinterfaces.ATM0/IMA0.75 is the connection to hub site and the rest are the spoke sites connecting to this router lastly this router is the only transit to reach the hub router.

ATM0/IMA0

ATM0/IMA0.75

ATM0/IMA0.775

ATM0/IMA0.776

ATM0/IMA0.777

ATM0/IMA0.779

No routing issues as the route table looks completly good.

And today I disbaled WAAS ,removed WCCP redirect statement and the traffic flow was normal , would like to know why we see this kind of traffic flow  ? Moreover we have seen this kind of traffic flow  in different routers as well the common thing on all these routers are

1. Common physical link binded with multiple sub-interfaces

2. WCCP enabled

3. IOS 12.4 25c

Let me know if anyother information is required ..

• Wide Area Application Services (WAAS)
2 REPLIES

Re: IP route-cache flow over WCCP

Hello,

This is a bit of a theory, but I have an explanation if you have the WAE configured for "Egress-Method Negotiated-Return"

In that case the WAE returns the packet to the router in a GRE tunnel that has a destination IP of the Router ID IP.  The GRE header is removed, then the router does a route lookup for the inside (true source IP) next hop interface.  It then re-injects that traffic onto that interface and the packet is processed normally,

Or even more simply, is AT0/IMA0.776 the interface connected to the WAE?

Regards,

Tom

Re: IP route-cache flow over WCCP

HI Tom,

Thanks for your response and I have worked with TAC , it was identified as bug CSCti86131.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.